Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Having a Fit for Wii Fit.

After being one step away from becoming a tantrum-throwing, whiny 25-year-old, it took me every bit of energy I had this morning NOT to go down to Freddy's to buy Wii Fit.

I was originally planning on going down right when they opened at 7am, buying Wii Fit, and still be on time to work. I had that plan for weeks.

I even checked with one of our Planners to see how many had been delivered to my local store. Nerdy, I know, but one of the many perks for working at the Main Office.

But now we have bought a house, and have an inspection tomorrow. We dropped off our earnest money to the morons at the title company (a ranty blog for another time), and spent more money on moving stuff.

So Wii Fit is definitely not in our budget.

At all.

But then, the moron that I am, pick up the free DVD about Wii Fit at my trip to Freddy's last night.

And then, the even bigger moron that I am, I watched the free DVD about Wii Fit once I got home.

Wii. Fit. Looks. So. AWESOME!

From balance to strength training to yoga to snowboarding, Wii Fit is just what I need to get active and shed those 10 pounds so I can get back down to my TV weight and feel confident sending headshots to local agencies.

When I say "TV weight," I mean the weight I was when I was doing commercials and crappy educational videos.

But I was getting paid for those, biotch!

Anyway, let's just say that fitness and me don't really like one another. I'm more of an active girl. I loathe going to the gym and working out. I despise working out on the elliptical machine at home. I would much rather be challenging my body on a hike, riding my bike, playing golf, playing tennis--actually doing something.

But I don't really have anyone to go do those things. Plus, golf is an expensive sport. Especially after being able to practice on the driving range and play 18 holes for free like I did while I was on the team in high school. After that, I have a really hard time paying for golf now (just like I have a hard time paying for birth control now when I got it for free from Planned Parenthood in Pullman. Damn them!).

And Wii Fit is closer to that active challenge I so desperately need.

But will it turn into another Dance Dance Revolution? This could be why I didn't save up for the game...

You see, I tried the whole at-home "non-workout" workout. It started with Dance Dance Revolution for the XBox. Call me a huge nerd, but I have two dance pads (NERD!). I will say, however, it works up a huge sweat.

My excuse for not using that game lately? I don't like exercising in front of others (except Rob-he's seen me in a worse state than hot, sweaty, and feeling gross). With my younger brother living with us, he's been the perfect excuse for me not to bust out the DDR pads (unless I'm drunk and subject everyone around me to make a drunken ass out of themselves with ungraceful stomping).

Now that Rob and I will have the new house to ourselves, I'm afraid I will just come up with another excuse not to exercise.

I'm craving it. But I can't seem to put down the french fries for life and make that lifestyle change that I would love to make.

Rob calls me the 400-pound fat man trapped in a little woman's body (which I think is hilarious). I'm not huge. I just need to lose about 10 pounds and tone up. For life.

And that is why I was pining for Wii Fit so badly. Plus I have been going through major shopping withdrawals (to the point that I am completely out of my Bath and Body Works lotion and have subject myself to regular soap because I haven't bought my Kiehl's shave lotion (the ONLY stuff that doesn't irritate my skin) to shave. I have unsubscribed from the gazillion e-mails I receive from Nordstrom, lucy, Williams-Sonoma so as not to even tempt my shopaholic tendencies, because working in the Apparel department at the Main Office is tempting enough.

I had all these fantasies for the Wii Fit-- I was going to set up a blog and publicly track my progress using Wii Fit, become an Internet celebrity, and earn a spokesperson deal with Nintendo (they would call me the "hot Jared," like the Subway guy). They would call me the Hot Wii Fit girl, and they would whisk me off to Japan, where I could go nuts buying Hello Kitty items (who became the official tourism ambassador for Japan!!).

The only problem is that I'm not looking to lose a ton of weight--I just want to fit into my Geisha butt jeans (they're these adorable jeans with a Geisha embroidered on one of the bum pockets).

But getting a house of our own is waaay more important than a video game right now. I must keep telling myself that. Plus I don't even want to imagine how putting it on my credit card (currently with a $0 balance, thank you very much) could completely fuck up getting a house. All for $80. Not worth it to me.

So when we actually are finally able to buy it, it will be worth every bit of waiting.

Even if I look like a junkie without her heroin for the time being.

No comments: